Ethos and Values
"Dare to fly, together we'll soar. "
At Ravenhurst we are committed to being an inclusive school, providing a caring, high quality, challenging education where learning and teaching are exciting and creative within a safe, secure, nurturing environment. We endeavour to promote self-esteem, independence and self-motivation.
We aim to join our community of pupils, parents, staff and governors together to assist pupils in developing skills to become independent, life-long learners who will succeed and contribute responsibly in the global community.
- To create a happy, caring school with equal opportunities for all
- To develop lively, enthusiastic, enquiring minds, enjoying the widest variety of life-long learning experiences
- To enable each child to feel pride in their efforts, to have confidence in their own abilities
- To develop a healthy life style, where children are encouraged to make informed choices
- To achieve excellence, with pupils having high expectations of themselves and those around them in every aspect of school life
- To promote positive relationships, appropriate behaviour and good manners at all times
- To develop aesthetic, artistic, spiritual awareness of all, promoting understanding, fairness and respect for other races, religions and cultures
- To enhance everyone’s self-esteem and maximise their potential
- To strive for high standards in all aspects of the curriculum