At Ravenhurst we have a clear vision of what we want our pupils to know, be and understand (see here) and through the development of our school values and our Personal, Social, Health, Citizenship & Economic education (PSHCE) we ensure that pupils have the character and skills for their future, as individuals, citizens, workers and parents.
- To enhance skills for communication, empathy and healthy relationships which underpin both success in learning and positive relationships
- To support the development of resilience, self-esteem, self-efficacy and aspiration
- To offer accurate and relevant knowledge to support decisions about personal wellbeing and health
- To explore the relevance of knowledge for personal situations and decision making
- To offer opportunities to explore, clarify and if necessary challenge, their own and others’ values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities
- To offer the skills and strategies they need in order to live healthy, safe, fulfilling, responsible and balanced lives.
Fortnightly lessons are taught following the Cambridge scheme and units of work are organised as follows:
In addition to this we also include focused days and weeks within our curriculum following the 'No Outsiders: Everyone's Welcome' programme, exploring equality and diversity through the use of picture books.
This year we are also working towards the renewal of our Beyond Bullying Award.